Vice President Sales
Our client operates in one of the most attractive IT market segments.
Our client is a joint venture between DCD Data Center Developers, a specialized developer for colocation and hyperscale data centers from Germany, and a global investment company from the USA. Together we will become the leading green data center platform in Germany. To this end, our company, headquartered in Munich, develops, plans, builds and operates energy-efficient and highly available data centers.
LET’S MAKE TECH HUMAN is our central claim. One thing is certain: Technology is only ever as good as the people who develop it. That’s why we have the very best players in our team. Our data centers stand for innovative and reliable high-tech that is constantly optimizing availability, security and energy efficiency. Crucial to our excellent customer service, however, are our employees, who thus create new opportunities for our customers every day.
This is a highly exciting opportunity for an experienced sales manager to join our newly established team. The candidate is primarily responsible for ensuring successful development of sales opportunities and its execution for the Hyperscaler customer segement. This includes further development and execution of the Hyperscaler sales strategy to assure successful marketing of newly available Data Center space at our DC locations in Germany. In the role, you will develop and maintain excellent relationships with multilevel contacts and as well conducting account meetings, preparing and documenting offerings to new prospects well as the successful negotiation of lease and service contracts are further duties.
You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with representatives from the management team. Location: Munich or Frankfurt am Main preferred, nevertheless: remote working possible.
What you’ll need
- Leadership experience in IT or data center related sales and sales enablement
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships, cross functionally and at all levels to create impact
- Proficiency at planning and executing account strategies and maintaining effective long-term business relationships at the senior level with key decision makers, e.g. with Hyperscalers
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in building business cases presenting them to top decision makers
- Ability to confidently liaise with and successfully present to senior audiences
- A can-do spirit and strong business attitude
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Completed technical/college studies in business administration, business informatics, engineering or a comparable qualification with IT-technical background.
- At least 8 years of sales experience in the IT infrastructure or data center sector
- Personal network and relationships with key decision makers in the Data Center industry, preferably Hyperscalers
- Team player